I just recorded a 15 minute radio interview segment on the Bill Cunningham Show on ‘radio station 700 WLW, a 50,000 watt station in Cincinnati, OH! The segment is scheduled to air today from 2:45pm-3:00pm EST. You can listen live at 700WLW.Iheart.com. If you get a chance to listen, please let me know your comments about the interview!
On October 31, 2017, at 11:00am, I made a guest appearance on the Biz Talk Radio Network’s Frankie Boyer Show that emanates out of Boston and is Nationally Syndicated to 20 Stations Business Talk Radio and rebroadcast on Lifestyle Radio Network. I was on for the first 15 minutes of the show. The subject discussed was the impact on the employees when a business has been sold, and discusses what they should do. To hear that show: Click on the link below (or type in to your web browser http://www.biztalkradio.com/NS-ListingDetail/NSEventID/12) and scroll down to the “Tuesday, 10/31/2017 Hour 1” show toward the bottom left hand side of the page. (Since my segment was aired 1st, you only have to listen to the first 15 minutes to hear my segment of the show.)
Ride the Waves of Ownership Change
– Catch one if you can
In chapters 1 through 4, you will learn how to navigate through the waters of an ownership change at the place where you work.
- What actions you should take.
- Who should you listen to?
- Who are your friends and enemies?
- How to improve your position.
- Should you approach the new ownership?
In chapter 5, you will get a real sense of how powerful relationships and community service are in building your career and being able to seize opportunities when situations arise.
- Start to develop relationships and doing community service
early in your career.
- By getting involved in community service you are able to role-play
and develop many ancillary skills, and relationships.
- Don’t overlook any connection that you have in any situation.
- Discipline in this area is the real key in developing your own luck.
In chapters 6 through 9, you will ride atop a wave from a real life owner’s perspective completely from beginning to end. You will find this area most interesting and entertaining, as in real life unexpected twists and turns are always coming your way.
- You will see how quickly you can actually raise a lot of money.
- You will see how you can grow a business.
- You will see how you can creatively finance acquisitions.
- You will get some real insight into what lessons were learned by owning a business.
In chapters 10 through 13, you will learn from a step by step detailed approach how to accomplish catching, and riding a wave of ownership yourself.
- You will learn how to write a business plan.
- How to structure your business.
- How to approach a bank to obtain financing.
- What steps do you follow, and what documents do you need in order
to complete an ownership transaction.
- You will learn how to build real financial value in a business once you own it.
In the appendices, you will learn that although riding a wave as an owner yourself is very engaging you can still lead a full life.
- You will learn a lesson in “How to look the part”.
- You will see what information you need to make a good purchase offer.
- You will learn how to conduct due diligence prior to Closing on the
- Finally, I think you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish on many different fronts while owning your own business.